Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Note to Husbands

I have the best husband in the world, sorry girls. I had such a great day today. Now Chris probably would rather that I not publish this post, because it's mostly about him, but I manage the blog, so it's on.

So while I'm at work, I get a text from Chris,
"Hey, wanna go out to lunch with me when you get home?" What girl is gonna pass that up? I was thinking "Sweet, he wants to spend money on me!" So we go to Pita Pit (one of my new favorite places to eat). Chris had never been, but I knew he would love it. I was right. (If you ever eat there, get the Margarita Pita with extra mango sauce... Oh my gosh!)

During our lunch, he kept asking me questions about what I would get if I were to shop online at Bath&Body Works, and how much I like their Shae Socks, and body lotion and stuff. I was trying to figure out why he kept randomly asking me all this stuff, and I had an idea. Finally I beat it out of him (or maybe he was just so excited that he couldn't keep it a secret... probably the latter), but apparently he bought ordered me a ton of stuff from there online! He got me a combination of a whole bunch of Shae Socks, body lotion, and hand lotion. He won't tell me how much he spent (nor do I want to know) but he said that shipping alone was around $20. But what better time to shop than during their Semi-Annual Sale?

When I started asking too many questions about why he would spend so much money on that kind of stuff, he just kept saying that it was for his Father's Day present, (he's so clever) He even got help from a girl at work to make sure he got the good stuff :)


I still had a couple hours before I had to be at my other job, so we decided to go to the mall. (Of course, we had to stop by PetsMart to get some things for the fish). I still had a Victoria's Secret gift card from my Bridal Shower, and what better time to spend it than during their Semi-Annual Sale? Among some of the things bought was the new Dream Angel "Halo" (love it already!) and some good smelling massage oil. Yay!


** I feel like one of those Telemercial guys by saying the next part: "But wait! There's More!" After that we went to another store in the mall and got me 2 nice lookin pair of shoes! I can't wait to get off work tonight to look at everything I got! On the way home, I asked Chris why he all of a sudden went and decided to spend so much money on me in one day. He said that he realized today that while he may be done spending money on himself, he came to the realization today that girls are different and that it's nice every now and then to spend money on your wife so she doesn't feel forgotten about :) Cute or what? But to end the whole experience, one of my favorite parts was his mom's response after I told her what he did: "Was he trying to get out of the dog house?"

2 comments:

~~~~ said...

Well was he???? That sounds like something I would only do to get out of the doghouse. I guess Chris is that much better of a man than I.

Amy Jones said...

As a favor to Chris, I will not tell Scott about his generosity. J/K...Scott can be very generous, but still, he might have many of your friends' husband's mad at him, but I'm glad YOU'VE got him!!